Honored Companion of the Sun
Honored Companion of the Sun
Cost: —; Mins: Archery 4, Essence 3; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Permament, Merged (Melee, Firearms)
Prerequisite Charms: Essence Arrow Attack, Summoning the Loyal Bow
(This Charm replaces the canon version, on account of it’s broken)
When the Chosen of the Sun find a weapon that matches their glory, all others are left behind. When this Charm is bought, a single specific weapon that uses the appropriate Ability is selected to be its subject. The Exalt gains several benefits as a result:
- The attunement cost for the weapon is reduced to 0 motes, and may not be forcibly deattuned from its wielder.
- The Exalt may summon it to her hand from wherever it has fallen as a diceless miscellaneous action. If it lies within (Essence x 2) yards, it returns to her immediately; otherwise, it does not return to her hand until her DV refreshes. If someone attempts to block its return with a Blockade Movement action, it rolls (Accuracy + Exalt’s Dexterity) and gains (Exalt’s Essence) automatic successes. If it fails the roll, it is delayed for another full action.
- If the character possesses an Overdrive pool, she gains one offensive mote at the end of each action in which she actively wields the weapon
- Upon purchasing this Charm, the Exalt makes a list of criteria (“Being me” is a valid criterion, and may be the only one if the Exalt desires). While the Exalt lives, none who do not meet those criteria may wield it. The Exalt’s Lunar Mate may always be, if the Exalt desires, an exception to these criteria.
This inability to wield may take any form the Exalt wishes, but must be defined when the Charm is purchased. Swords may turn in one’s hand to bite their unworthy wielder (causing combat rolls to botch), a hammer may prove unable to be lifted from the ground, or a magically potent staff may simply refuse to use its powers.
- The minimum damage of the weapon increases by 1, and the Exalt counts 10s on damage rolls as 2 successes
- The weapons of the Exalted feed off of their legend, and are greater for it. The weapon gains an additional power, unique to the legend of the Exalt and the weapon tied to him. This power should be approximately equivalent in power to a Spirit Charm with an Essence minimum of half the Exalt’s Essence.
At no point in time can the Exalt bond to multiple weapons with this Charm; should the Exalt attempt such a thing, all versions of this charm she possesses immediately cease functioning. The only exception to this rule are weapons designed to be wielded as a pair.
The weapon linked to the Solar’s legend by this Charm may be altered by spending 2xp and immediately gaining (Highest Virtue) points of limit – the strain of altering her own legend thusly weighs heavily on the Exalt’s soul.
Merged: Honored Companion of the Sun (Melee, requires Hungry Tiger Technique and Summoning the Loyal Steel), Honored Companion of the Sun (Firearms, requires Nova Shell Ordnance and Elsewhere Draw Mastery)